Monday 5 December 2011

Once in a Generation, a Genius is Born


Today, December 5th, 2011, would mark the 110th birthday of a true genius, pioneer and inspiration; the man that spawned a legacy and the company that spawned a history, today, we mark the birth of Walt Disney.

I really can't put into sufficient and apt words the difference Walt has made to my life. He is, arguably, the sole reason I publish this blog at all; I started it due to a deep love of Pixar, and from that, animation in general, that spawned from a childhood love of everything Disney. From its roots in 1923 as Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio, to the production of the films of my childhood, classic Silver Age films like Peter Pan, Jungle Book and 101 Dalmations, to becoming the world's largest media conglomerate; Disney has formed so much that I care about; the sheer magic of those few notes, of that grand old castle.

None of this would have been possible, without the vision of Walt, without one man's inspiration, without one man's heart and soul, without one man's passion. So on this day, 110 years after the world was gifted a visionary, and in this most magical season, I say: Thank you Walt. Thank you for a life time of memories, thank you for the magic, thank you for making my childhood, and indeed my life, what it is. Thank you for being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment