Friday 11 February 2011

John Lasseter Cars 2 Cameo

Disney and Pixar have just revealed (courtesy of Mike at The Pixar Blog) a brand new Cars 2 Character, John Lassetire! Based on Pixar head honcho and Cars 2 director, John Lasseter, the car is described as a "hefty", all-American, yellow pick-up truck.

Lasseter is said to be thrilled with the honour and said the following:
"It was news to me. I did not know about that, so I was a little surprised. I ended up voicing this character. It was just one line, but now I have a Cars character. I'm very excited about that."
Congrats to John on his first role in a Pixar movie, in contrast all other Pixar directors have already voiced a character (Pete Docter was Kevin in Up, Andrew Stanton was Crush in Finding Nemo, Brad Bird was Edna Mode in The Incredibles and Lee Unkrich was the Jack in a Box in Toy Story 3).

Kind of makes you want to see Cars 2 even more, doesn't it?

Update
My mistake, John was in 2 previous Pixar films: A Bug’s Life (Harry the Mosquito) and Toy Story 2 (Blue Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robot). 

No comments:

Post a Comment