Monday 30 May 2011

Luke's Corner: Week 1


Allow me, as Editor-in-Chief of A113Animation, to introduce our newest feature, Luke's Corner, a column to provide another opinion and perspective to the blog. Without further ado, I will now hand you over to Luke:-


Hello and welcome to Week 1 of Luke's Corner; my name is Luke Ross and I am going to be doing this column regularly, generally every Saturday. Like William, I am a huge animation fan and this column is going to give my opinions on some of my favourite (and least favourite) animated films and give a short, quick, second opinion on the films that A113Animation has already reviewed, starting today with Tangled:

Well as a fellow Disney lover I must say that Tangled was one of the best Disney films that I have seen. It had pretty much everything a Disney movie should have in it: comedy, drama, suspense and more. It was just amazing, generally funny and surprisingly heartfelt. I think that the Rivalry between Flynn Ryder and Maximus made the film even more fantastic, there was so much comedy stemming from these situations. Overall, it just all added to one of the best Disney films in the last several years.

Although it wasn't perfect. I feel that some moments in the movie kind of dragged on for too long e.g. the Snuggly Duckling scene, which felt like it went for quite a while. Also, another criticism I have is the villain. In contrast to William, I don't think Mother Gothel was a great villain, she just seemed a bit so-so, furthermore, I think the Stabbington brothers were a bit too stereotypical as villains - just the regular old thugs that they have in A LOT of films. But these aren't that big problems.


Overall I give it an 8/10

Ups:
The emotional scene in which Flynn Ryder reveals his real name, music, storyline

Downs: Not much evil portrayed, somwhat laggy scenes


Luke


Next Week: Toy Story 3 Review

No comments:

Post a Comment