Friday 22 July 2011

Kelly Macdonald on Brave


Kelly Macdonald, voice of Merida in the upcoming Pixar film Brave, has been making her round recently, doing interviews concerning her role in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 as Helena Ravenclaw and has broached the subject of her role in Brave as well. Describing her utter elation at working with the animation giants to NBC Connecticut. Macdonald, a star of Boardwalk Empire, said the following of Pixar and Brave:
“I really, really can’t contain myself about ‘Brave,’” she says of playing the adventurous, rebellious archer Merida, the first central female character in a Pixar film. “It was something completely new. I’m not finished yet. I still have some things to do, but it’s just such a different thing, and I didn’t really have very much to go on. They had some animation to show me. I know what she looks like, but it’s nowhere near completion. The animators have been working for years and years on this thing. With all the actors that they’ve brought onboard, that means it’s nearing it’s (sic) vision. I’m just so impressed that I’m getting to work with people who are brilliant. Pixar is the best company, I think.”
Good to see that Macdonald is passionate about the work and I can't wait to see the performance she turns in come 2012.

Courtesy of The Pixar Times

No comments:

Post a Comment