Saturday 21 April 2012

More Details on The Next Muppet Movie


Despite the fact that the last Muppets film is only just out of cinemas (particularly here in the UK), it's certainly a great sign of Disney's confidence in Jim Henson's beloved creations that we are being bombarded by all manner of news and details regarding their next planned outing on the big screen.

Last week Nicholas Stoller, co-writer of The Muppets, treated us to some interesting details about the new Muppets film, and just a couple of days ago, we received some more.

After announcing that he won't be starring in the upcoming film, Jason Segel has now quashed the rumours that he would cameo as well. In an interview with The Playlist, the How I Met Your Mother star said:

"No, no cameo. It was a very distinct choice on my part. Of course I was asked to do it. I did exactly what I set out to do, if that makes any sense. My goal was never to take over the helm of ‘The Muppets.’ They have people who are better equipped for that. My only goal was to bring back the Muppets that I loved. And I did that. I kinda don’t know what I have left to do in that regard."

Also, appearing on a press tour for his current film Five Year Engagement, Nicholas Stoller confirmed (via The Muppet Mindset) that Walter will return in 'Muppets 2', and spilled some more details on what we can expect in terms of story:

"Walter will play a role in the next movie. It will be a complete story separate from the first movie, but there will be some "connective tissue." And having successfully reintroduced the characters, they're planning to concentrate on the comedy this time around."

It certainly sounds promising and, after last time, I have the utmost faith in the Muppets team at Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment