Thursday 23 June 2011

Why Brave is my Most Anticipated Animated Film


There's a huge slab of animated films due out over the next few years, whilst it's debatable as to whether any of them are going to be worth your time, there's some that I simply cannot wait to see. The pinnacle of this anticipation is Pixar's Brave. The fantastic poster has got me even more psyched for Pixar's first fairy tale, but there's five reasons in particular that Brave is my most anticipated animated film - and one of my most anticipated films in general, behind The Dark Knight Rises of course.

These five reasons are as follows - in no particular order:
  1. It's an original film, not a sequel, not to say that I have anything in particular against sequels, in fact my two favourite films of all time are sequels (Toy Story 2 and The Dark Knight). However, I love the feeling of uncovering a new world and new characters. Furthermore, I'm curious to see how Pixar handles their first fairytale.
  2. The artwork we've seen so far looks utterly breathtaking, the visual style looks stunning. You can see just how much of a beautiful film Brave promises to be from the poster (above).
  3. The brilliant Scottish feel should translate fantastically to create an authentic feel to the film. This is reinforced by the film's voice cast (lead by Scottish actress Kelly Macdonald and starring Scottish comedian, Billy Connolly - who recently provided the voiceover for Scottish Disney Short Film, The Ballad of Nessie) and the fact that the score is being composed by Scot, Patrick Doyle (who scored Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire).
  4. It's (probably) going to be prefaced by the equally amazing and beautiful looking short film, La Luna, which I can't wait to see.
  5. Furthermore, it will also (probably) have the trailer for Monsters University attached. I can't wait to get a glimpse at Pixar's first prequel, and I have waited nearly 10 years for a Monsters, Inc. follow up.
Brave looks, and sounds, utterly amazing in every way, shape and form; it seems like a much darker film and a bold new step by Pixar.

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree? SOUND OFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment