Thursday 1 November 2012

New Despicable Me 2 Trailer


Universal and Illumination Entertainment have debuted a new trailer for Despicable Me 2 on iTunes Movie Trailers. It shows more of what we can expect story-wise from the follow-up to the 2010 hit: alien abductions, more minion focus (seguing into that planned spin-off maybe) - the return of Vector maybe? He was stranded in space at the end of the first film, and space is, after all, where most aliens would tend to be found.


Being a big fan of the original, this is quite exciting stuff! Let's just hope it turns out more like Despicable Me 1, and less like The Lorax. Be sure to watch in 720p, Illumination's animation is always fantastic.

This trailer will apparently play in front of Disney's Wreck-It Ralph, starting Friday. Despicable Me 2 is directed by Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud, and is released on 28th June, 2013 (UK) and 3rd July, 2013 (US).

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed by this trailer. Don't get me wrong, I love the minions, but I was hoping that the second trailer for DM2 would give us a better look at the story, as well as at some of the other characters. This just seemed more like a teaser trailer.

    Quite excited to see this, however. I'm crossing my fingers that they can make a good sequel and not mess up the franchise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually really liked this trailer, but I see your point. Alas, I think this'll end up like Ice Age 4, with lots of kinda-shorts before an actual trailer appears.

      I'm very hopeful for DM2! Thanks for the visit as always, Al.

      Delete