Monday 18 July 2011

Lasseter Hints at Toy Story 4


The growing mountain of speculation grows, insisting that we will be seeing a Toy Story 4. Today, the hints come from the pioneer of Toy Story, John Lasseter.

Lasseter was on BBC Breakfast this morning (watch the snippet here), promoting the release of Cars 2 in the UK (it opens this Friday), the presenters then broached the subject of Toy Story 4. Namely, they asked about Tom Hanks' comments on the show last month.

Rather than flatly denying the rumours (fuelled this past week by IMDB), Lasseter merely said "yeah, I found that really interesting too", followed by a sly smile, some nodding and "we haven't announced anything", before switching the subject back to Cars 2.

If previous hints were easily dismissible as just rumours, this seems a lot more substantial.

I'm beginning to warm to the idea of a Toy Story 4, but only if I have to, I'd rather they leave it as it is, as the best trilogy of all time! I've no doubt Pixar would make a great film, but why bother? The third film tied everything off with a poignant, emotional and pitch perfect bow. Why risk ruining it?

I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment